Commission on Audit (COA) Regional Office No. 8 Leyte
Commission on Audit (COA) Regional Office No. 8
Profile: The Commission on Audit (COA) is the Philippines’ Supreme Audit Institution. The Philippine Constitution declares its independence as a constitutional office, grants it powers to audit all accounts pertaining to all government revenues and expenditures/uses of government resources and to prescribe accounting and auditing rules, gives it exclusive authority to define the scope and techniques for its audits, and prohibits the legislation of any law which would limit its audit coverage.
• Examine, audit and settle all accounts pertaining to the revenue and receipts of, and expenditures or uses of funds and property owned or held in trust by, or pertaining to, the government.
• Promulgate accounting and auditing rules and regulations including those for the prevention and disallowance of irregular, unnecessary, excessive, extravagant or unconscionable expenditures, or uses of government funds and properties.
• Submit annual reports to the President and the Congress on the financial condition and operation of the government.
• Recommend measures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of government operations.
• Keep the general accounts of government and preserve the vouchers and supporting papers pertaining thereto.
• Decide any case brought before it within 60 days.
• Performs such other duties and functions as may be provided by la
Address: Candahug, Palo, Leyte 6501
Telephone Nos. (053) 323-6882; 323-3065
Fax No. (053) 323-7768